Attorney at Law

Protecting What You Love

Protecting What You Love

Please contact C. Glenn Cook, Jr. Attorney at Law. Personal Meetings by Appointment Only.

Divorce in Georgia doesn't have to be costly, lengthy, or complicated. Glenn Cook, Attorney at Law,  can save you time and money by using an online legal system that is backed by his oversight and guidance.

If both parties can agree on all terms without any conflict including child custody and support, alimony, and property division, then an uncontested divorce can end the marriage quickly, quietly, and with dignity.

Under Georgia law, you have the right to represent yourself in legal cases, including divorce. If you would like to file an uncontested divorce and represent yourself in your local Georgia Superior Court, I can help draft the paperwork and save you hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars in legal fees. You can simple follow the link to the online questionnaire and fill out the forms located at my online law office. I will review your answers then finalize your Georgia uncontested divorce forms for you. You can then file those forms with the Court.

You will represent yourself at the divorce hearing. For additional costs I can provide you with detailed instructions, over the phone or Skype, on how to file the forms and what to expect at the hearing. If you need a divorce lawyer to represent you at the hearing, or for other matters, I am also available at an hourly fee.

In Georgia, Superior Courts have jurisdiction over divorces. Generally you or your spouse must live for six months prior in the county where the Court is located. Once your divorce papers are filed with the Court, your spouse has 30 days to respond. If service of process was correct and if there is no response from your spouse, the Court will proceed. The person filing the papers will have to appear before the Judge at a final hearing. In some cases, the appearance can be avoided and the Judge will grant the divorce based upon the pleadings. If the parties have a signed Settlement Agreement and an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed with the Clerk of the Court, a final hearing can be set thirty-one days after service.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Uncontested Divorce